Phidon Pens: “A Leap of Faith” ink is an exclusive ink made for them by Diamine Inks in the UK.
Ten years ago Phidon Pens took “a leap of faith” when they opened their bricks and mortar store in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. This Diamine exclusive ink made specially for Phidon Pens is to celebrate that the business has been successful for 10 years.
This is a very saturated, very dark, purplish-blue, almost black ink. Phidon Pens call it an ultra-violet black ink with red sheen.
It is the darkest, dark blue/ultra-violet ink I’ve written with that hasn’t been black, and I can see some red sheen particles.
Flow and lubrication are both excellent, no problems with start-up or skipping, and both pens that I used wrote very smoothly across the page.
It didn’t suffer from any hard starts or non-starts when I put the uncapped pen down to do swab tests, dry times and water resistance.
It dried fairly quickly on all of the papers I used it on and once dry it didn’t smudge or smear.
It easily washed off of my hands with cold water and bar soap and it easily flushed out of my converters and pens just using water.
- Shading Potential: Some very nice shading and red sheen noticeable.
- Show-Through and Bleed-Through: Seen on some cheaper papers.
- Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: Woolly line seen occasionally – dependant on paper.
- Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen.
- Clogging: Not seen. Seems unlikely.
- Water resistance: Not sold as waterproof but has some water resistance.
- Availability: Available in Diamine 80ml glass bottles and only available from Phidon Pens, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada at a cost of $20 plus $20 shipping.