Cult Pens Deep Dark Purple is one of the 6 inks in the “Deep Dark” range that are made exclusively for Cult Pens by Diamine Inks.
Deep Dark Purple is a saturated dark purple ink that exhibits some shading as well as an attractive green sheen when used in a wet pen on smooth paper. I found it flowed well with the pens I tried it in, felt quite wet, and it’s lubrication felt nicely smooth across the page.
My review was written on 100gsm smooth, coated, paper and I saw no spread, show-through or bleed-through. It dried after 16-20 seconds on this smooth paper.
Fairly easy to clean from pens. May need several hand washes to remove from hands.
Availability: Available in 80ml and 30ml bottles plus International sized cartridges from Cult Pens web-site
- Flow Rate: Good – quite wet
- Lubrication: Good – felt smooth across the page
- Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
- Start-up: Immediate.
- Saturation: Very saturated
- Shading Potential: Some shading seen with F nib.
- Sheen: Green sheen seen especially on Tomoe River paper.
- Showthrough seen on a couple of papers, but I could still easily have written on the reverse.
- Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: Not seen on any paper I used, even Field Notes
- Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen, even after several days in the pen
- Staining (pen): Not seen after several days – easy clean-up
- Staining (hands): This is a hand stainer. Use several washes of bar or Lava soap
- Clogging: Not seen.
- Water resistance: Not sold as waterproof, but shows some water resistance.