Today I’m reviewing Diamine Aqua Lagoon ink. This is an ink from the Diamine Standard ink range.
Diamine Aqua Lagoon is a fairly well saturated, turquoise, dye based ink.
Aqua Lagoon leans very slightly greener than Diamine Aqua Blue. It’s still an attractive tonal shade of turquoise. Nowhere near as green as Kaweco Paradise Blue.
I found it quite a well -behaved ink ink to write with. It exhibited some nice shading and felt nicely wet and lubricated, with all 3 nibs I wrote with.
- Flow Rate: Very good. Felt quite wet
- Lubrication: Very good. Smooth across the page.
- Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
- Start-up: Immediate.
- Saturation: Saturated ink.
- Shading Potential: Nice shading seen.
- Sheen: None seen.
- Show-Through: Not particularly noticeable on any, but some seen on
Tomoe River 52gsm and Rhodia Dot Pad
- Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: Not seen.
- Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen, even after over 1 week in the pen.
- Staining (pen): Not seen after several days in the pen – easy clean-up with water.
- Staining (hands): Harder to clean off of hands than out of pens. Needed two washes.
- Clogging: Not seen. Seems unlikely.
- Water resistance: Not sold as waterproof and has no water resistance.
- Availability: Available in 30ml and 80ml bottles from Diamine Inks web-site and many other outlets.