Diamine Pink ink is an unsaturated salmon pink dye based ink. It’s from Diamine Inks standard range.
It’s a fairly bright pink, probably brighter than it looks on my review form, but I found it very difficult to capture the exact bright shade of this ink from my scan.
I found it quite a well -behaved ink ink to write with. It exhibited some nice shading and felt nicely wet and lubricated with all three pens/nibs I used.
- Flow Rate: Very good. Felt quite wet
- Lubrication: Very good. Smooth across the page.
- Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
- Start-up: Immediate.
- Saturation: Not a saturated ink.
- Shading Potential: Nice shading seen.
- Sheen: None seen.
- Show-Through: Not particularly noticeable on any of the papers I used. I could have written on the back of all of them
- Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: Not seen.
- Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen, even after over 1 week in the pen.
- Staining (pen): Not seen after several days in the pen – easy clean-up with water.
- Staining (hands): Easy to wash off hands.
- Clogging: Not seen. Seems unlikely.
- Water resistance: Not sold as waterproof but has a little water resistance.
- Availability: Available in 30ml and 80ml bottles from Diamine Inks web-site and many other outlets.