Today I’m reviewing Diamine Bloody Brexit ink.
Diamine Bloody Brexit is a Diamine Exclusive ink made specially for sale by Seitz-Kreuznach in Germany.
This is a very saturated dark blue leaning ink with fabulous red sheen. It doesn’t have quite as much sheen as the Organics Studio high sheen inks, but has more sheen than what you would call a “standard” ink. Diamine Bloody Brexit is a darker blue than most other Diamine dark blue inks.
It’s a very nice dark blue ink, whether you can always see the red sheen with your pen and paper or not.
It washed off of my hands after just one wash and it easily flushes out of my converters and pens just using water.
It didn’t suffer from any hard starts or non-starts when I put the uncapped pen down to do swab tests, dry times and water resistance.
It dried fairly quickly on most reasonably absorbent papers and once dry it didn’t smudge or smear. I tested for this by rubbing across my writing. I saw no blue or red on my fingers, and no smudging on the page.
With these high sheen inks showthrough and bleedthrough can be a problem. There was a bit of showthrough on some of the papers I wrote on, although I could still have written on the reverse of all them with no problem.
The red sheen is usually more visible when using pens with wet flow and broader nibs on coated, less absorbent paper.
- Flow Rate: Good.
- Lubrication: Good.
- Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
- Start-up: Immediate.
- Saturation: Very saturated ink.
- Shading Potential: A little shading with fine nibs or dry writing pens.
- Sheen: Excellent red sheen
- Rhodia Dot Pad
- Hobonichi Techo
- Tomoe River 52gsm
- Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: Seen occasionally with my wet B nib.
- Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen.
- Staining (pen): Not seen after several days in the pen – easy clean-up with water.
- Staining (hands): Needed one wash to remove from my fingers
- Clogging: Not seen. Seems unlikely.
- Water resistance: Not sold as waterproof and has no water resistance.
- Availability: Exclusive to Seitz-Kreuznach Germany. At the time of this review the 80ml glass bottle was for sale directly from Seitz Kreuznach GmbH, on Amazon.co.uk, for £15.22 with free delivery.