Vinta Inks are proudly made in the Philippines and for every bottle of ink sold the company makes a charitable donation towards the education of Filipino children, and to make their futures better.
This ink is Vinta Inks Pastel Pink 1991 – Julia from the shimmering ink range.
Pastel Pink is a pale pink ink with gold shimmer particles. It’s very pale and sometimes hard to read when writing but I used it as a skin tone while sketching during Inktober.
I wrote with it in my Seven Seas Writer Journal on cream Tomoe River paper but couldn’t read it at all after a week.
I tested these Vinta inks in my Pilot Custom 74 demonstrator pen with M nib. In my experience, this pen writes fairly wet.
The papers I wrote on were:
A6 Maruman Mnemosyne notebook
Silvine Originals A4 notebook
Tomoe River Seven Seas Writer Journal
Pastel Pink 1991 flowed well, was quite wet and wrote smoothly across the page. It exhibited a fairly long dry time, over 30 seconds, on my smooth papers.
All of the inks I tested have two alternative names on their bottles, English and Filipino. The English name is permanently printed in white on the bottle and the Filipino name is handwritten in script on a paper label further down the bottle. The paper label has an ink swab showing the colour and there is also one of these on the box. I found it quite difficult to read the handwritten script ink names on the paper labels.
Vinta inks are available in attractive 30ml glass bottles from Cult Pens in the UK and Vanness Pen Store in the US.
- Flow Rate: Good – quite wet.
- Lubrication: Good – quite smooth
- Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
- Start-up: Immediate.
- Saturation: Not saturated – very pale
- Shading Potential: Some shading and gold shimmer.
- Show-Through: None seen on the papers I used.
- Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: None seen.
- Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen, even after several days in the pen.
- Staining (pen): Not seen after several days – easy clean-up.
- Staining (hands): Washed off of my hands easily.
- Clogging: Not seen.
- Water resistance: Not tested.