Kosumosu is a light pink ink that translates to Cosmos from Japanese. It tends to lean slightly blue like “baby” pink inks, but it’s still very legible compared with some lighter pink inks. It’s exactly what you might think of when you look for a pink ink.
Kosumosu is a well-behaved ink that flowed very nicely through my pens and felt smooth to write with even though I noticed a small amount of feedback. I didn’t notice any skips or hard starts when I put the uncapped pen down to do swab tests, dry times and water resistance. I also didn’t see any feathering on the papers I wrote on. It has nice shading but I didn’t see any sheen with normal writing.
Available in attractive Pilot Iroshizuku 50ml glass bottles and 15ml sample bottles worldwide.
- Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
- Start-up: Immediate.
- Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen, even after a week in the pen.
- Staining (pen): Not seen after several days – easy clean-up.
- Staining (hands): It took two washes before my hands were clean.
- Clogging: Not seen.
- Water resistance: Not sold as waterproof but it is water resistant.