Momiji is a bright pinkish red ink that translates to Autumn Leaves from Japanese. It’s a vibrant pinkish/magenta red colour, not a fire-engine red.
It’s a well-behaved ink that flowed very well through my pens and felt nicely lubricated to write with. I didn’t notice any skips or hard starts when I put the uncapped pen down to do swab tests, dry times and water resistance. I also didn’t see any feathering on the papers I wrote on. It has some shading and can sometimes sheen gold on smooth papers.
Available in attractive Pilot Iroshizuku 50ml glass bottles and 15ml small bottles worldwide.
- Start-up: Immediate.
- Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
- Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen, even after a week in the pen.
- Staining (pen): Not seen after several days – easy clean-up.
- Staining (hands): It took three washes before my fingers were clean.
- Clogging: Not seen.
- Water resistance: Not sold as waterproof but it is water resistant.