Diamine Lion Rock is a Hong Kong exclusive ink. It’s a warm, dark brown ink that leans slightly red and it has a very attractive metallic green sheen. I recommend you should use a free flowing pen and coated paper to see it’s sheen at it’s best.
Lion Rock flowed nicely through my pens, wasn’t particularly wet, and felt reasonably well lubricated with a touch of feedback when writing across the page. I saw some nice shading and some sheen on the Tomoe River and Mnemosyne papers.
I didn’t notice any skips or hard starts when I put the uncapped pen down to do swab tests, dry times and water resistance. I didn’t see any feathering on the papers I wrote on.
When using Lion Rock on coated papers dry time is extended to over 20 seconds.
Available only from Muse Pens in Hong Kong in 80ml glass bottles.
My sample was kindly provided by Diamine Inks for review purposes.
- Start-up: Immediate.
- Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
- Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen.
- Staining (pen): Not seen after several days – easy clean-up.
- Staining (hands): My hands were clean after one wash
- Clogging: Not seen.
- Water resistance: Not sold as waterproof and water resistance is low.