Diamine Calm and Passion ink is a Diamine exclusive ink made specially for sale in Blue Black, South Korea. This is a very saturated, slightly green/teal leaning, blue-black ink with fabulous red sheen.
Calm and Passion has more sheen than most standard inks. Diamine Twilight is probably the closest standard colour to Calm and Passion.
Calm and Passion has so much red sheen that you should even be able to see it with finer nibs. However the sheen shows up better on smooth, coated papers.
It washed off of my hands after one wash and it easily flushed out of my converters and pens just using warm water.
It didn’t suffer from any hard starts or non-starts when I put the uncapped pen down to do swab tests, dry times and water resistance.
It dried in about 20 seconds or so on most of the papers I used and once dry it didn’t smudge or smear. I tested for this by rubbing a dry finger and a dry cotton bud across my writing.
With some of these high sheen inks showthrough and bleedthrough can be a problem. There was a little showthrough on some of the papers I wrote on, although I could still have written on the reverse of all them with no problem.
- Flow Rate: Excellent. Can be very wet immediately after filling. Wiping the nib is recommended.
- Lubrication: Very good. Smooth across all papers I used.
- Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
- Start-up: Immediate.
- Saturation: Very saturated ink.
- Shading Potential: A little shading with fine nibs or dryer writing pens.
- Sheen: Excellent red sheen
- Moleskine Clone (UK)
- Rhodia Dot Pad
- Tomoe River 52gsm
- Tomoe River 68gsm
- Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: Seen rarely with my wet B nibs.
- Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen.
- Staining (pen): Not seen after several days in the pen – easy clean-up with water.
- Staining (hands): Clean hands after one wash
- Clogging: Not seen. Seems unlikely.
- Water resistance: Not sold as waterproof and has no water resistance.
- Availability: Exclusive to Blue Black, South Korea.