Cult Pens Louise is one of three new inks in the “Deep Dark” range that are made for Cult Pens by Diamine Inks. These three new inks are also currently included in the 16th birthday celebration set of Cult Pens 16 x 12ml inks.
Louise is not a saturated ink and isn’t particularly dark but it is a very nice shade of gold/yellow that can show off plenty of shading especially with finer nibs. I found it flowed reasonably well and felt moderately wet with the pens I tried it in. It’s lubrication across the page felt variable depending on how fine the nib was.
Handwriting is easy to read with Louise and that’s always a bonus with yellow inks. In my opinion it looks much nicer on white papers than on cream papers as they show up the gold shade better.
My review sheet was written on Clairefontaine Triomphe 90gsm smooth coated white paper, and I saw no signs of feathering, spread or show-through. It behaved very well and dried quite quickly.
It didn’t stain my hands, or my pens and was easily removed with one wash, or a quick cold water rinse.
Currently available in 80ml glass bottles, 30ml plastic bottles and 12ml bottles within the 16th birthday ink set from Cult Pens web-site.
Many thanks to Cult Pens for sending me this ink in exchange for me providing an unbiased review.
- Flow Rate: Moderate
- Lubrication: OK slightly lower with finer nibs
- Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
- Start-up: Immediate.
- Saturation: Not saturated
- Shading Potential: Nice shading seen.
- Sheen: None
- Bleed-through/show-through: None worth mentioning on all of my papers.
- Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: Not seen on any paper I used.
- Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen, even after several days in the pen
- Staining (pen): Not seen after several days – very easy clean-up
- Staining (hands): None easy to wash off.
- Clogging: Not seen.
- Water resistance: Not sold as waterproof and shows no water resistance.