Cult Pens Iridescink Tammy is one of the three latest new iridescent sheening inks that are exclusively made for Cult Pens by Diamine Inks. Cult Pens describe their Iridescinks as being a bit different and a bit more unusual because they are made to sheen.
Tammy is a fairly saturated, pink leaning, dark red ink that has an attractive gold/green sheen.
This ink slightly reminds me of Ortloff’s Red that was also a single EU store exclusive but was more difficult to purchase. Tammy also reminded me of how Montblanc Hitchcock ink used to look when it was new. In common with other red inks Hitchcock now looks like it has started to change over time in the bottle.
Tammy flowed very well with all of the pens I tried it in, didn’t feel at all dry, and it’s lubrication was very smooth across the page. Although my Pilot Custom 74 writes quite wet I also saw some nice shading on some of the papers I used. It dried fairly quickly on most of the papers I wrote on and didn’t smear after it was dry. It only took one wash to remove it from my fingers.
My pen always started up immediately when filled with Tammy, even after I put it down, uncapped, while I did swab tests and comparisons with other inks.
In order to see the most sheen, it’s better to write with pens that lay down plenty of ink, and use smooth, non-absorbent paper. Tammy only bled through on the wet splats I used to show the sheen.
In my opinion, as a red ink lover, I certainly saved the best until last when reviewing these three new inks. Tammy is lovely. 🙂
Available in 80ml bottles from Cult Pens web-site. Thank you Cult Pens for my sample.
- Flow Rate: Very good – not at all dry.
- Lubrication: Very smooth across the page.
- Nib Dry-out: Not noticed.
- Start-up: Immediate.
- Saturation: A fairly saturated ink.
- Shading Potential: Some nice shading seen.
- Sheen: Some green/gold sheen seen on smooth papers.
- Show-Through: A little seen on papers used but I could still write on the reverse.
- Spread / Feathering / Woolly Line: None seen.
- Nib Creep / “Crud”: Not seen, even after several days in the pen.
- Staining (pen): Not seen after several days – easy clean-up.
- Staining (hands): Washed off easily with one wash.
- Clogging: Not seen.
- Water resistance: Not sold as waterproof, but shows some water resistance.